drug disposal pilot program
Disposal of Unused Medicines
dangers of flushing medicines
- New York State, Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Drugs in New York's Waters: How drugs get into our water and why DEC is concerned
US Dept of Justice. DEA
- Office of Diversion Control: Drug Disposal
- The website has information on the topic and also links to legislation, guidelines, definitions, national campaigns, and other documents of interest for registrant and nonregistrant drug disposal.
CAMH (Ontario, CA)
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Written Submission to The Standing Committee on Social Policy on Bill 101, An Act to provide for monitoring the prescribing and dispensing of certain controlled substances (October 2010)
- Bill 101 is an initiative of the provincial government's Narcotics Strategy. The goal of the Bill is to establish the legal framework to develop a prescription monitoring program for controlled substances in Ontario.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Jurisdictional Research: Prescription Programs and Information Systems
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario conducted research on the Drug Information Systems (DIS) in other jurisdictions, particularly to understand the role of medical regulatory colleges interacting with provincial DIS.